Fidaa surprised the trade earning huge numbers for a film made at a considerably medium budget of 15 crores. It exceeded expectations closing at a final worldwide distributor share of 48 crores against a valued price of 19 crores. A very good investment for the distributors indeed. This gave distributors a 60% gross profit margin, unheard of for a South Indian movie grossing over 90 crores globally.
Fidaa closed at approximately 68.5 crores in Andhra Pradesh and Telengana from ticket sales. Varun Tej’s film is the 22nd film to gross over 60 crores in Andhra/TS (Including Rajinikanth’s Robo). Grossing over 60 cores is an achievement to cherish as only A-List actors and lavishly made films form the “60 Crore Club”. The movie did notable business in other territories in India as well grossing nearly 6.90 crores outside of the two Telugu states.
Another thing to add about the film was the extraordinary performance it had in the overseas market among the Telugu diaspora. Fidaa finished with USD$2.10 Million in the United States, the 8th highest ever for a Telugu film and 10th ever for a South Indian film. It is remarkable how a film with a 7-9 crore production cost can be put in a list with top Telugu grossers. Not just in the USA, but the film showed similar success in the Middle East, Oceania, and Europe.
The film closes at a total worldwide gross of 90.72 crores with 75.40 crores from the domestic market.
- Holds a Distributor Share near 37 crores in Andhra/TG.
- Karnataka Distributor Share - 2.25 crores.
- Tamil Nadu Distributor Share - 0.36 crores.
- Rest of India Distributor Share - 0.24 crores.
- USA Distributor Share - 7.40 crores.
- Rest of Overseas Distributor Share - 0.75 crores.
- Total Worldwide Distributor Share - 48 crores.
- Total Worldwide Theatrical Rights Valued at aprrox. 19 crores.
- USA Gross of 13.50 crores includes Non-Rentrak reported numbers (All Estimated). Rentrak reported approximately 13.30 crores.
- Overseas Total in USD - $2.38M.
- Total Worldwide Gross - 90.72 crores.
||Amount in Cr
|Rest of India
||Amount in Cr
|Rest of Europe
|Rest of the World