Pokkiri was an instant success at the box office. It went on to surpass Vijay’s Ghilli at the Tamil Nadu and worldwide box office. It took a grand opening at the Chennai box office with a 97% occuapancy in 5 theaters across the city. Vijay’s film was reported to have grossed nearly 12 crores from almost 200 screens in its opening week in Tamil Nadu. Also during its opening week, Pokkiri even featured in the UK Top 20 list being the first Tamil film ever to do so. The movie grossed nearly 30 lakhs each in UK and the USA in its first seven days.
Pokkiri had a final cume of 34 crores in Tamil Nadu placing second to Chandramukhi in the state. It managed to surpass Vijay’s Ghilli and Vikram’s Anniyan. With a closing gross of 7 crores, Prabhu Deva’s directional also finished as the highest non-Malayalam grosser in Kerala. Pokkiri finished with a global gross over 50 crores being the 5th highest grossing Tamil film of all time.
Pokkiri’s closing overseas collection did not add much from the revenue generated in its first week. Despite so, it was still considered a profitable venture. The movie grossed $650,000 in the Malaysian market. Pokkiri grossed about S$400,000 in Singapore. The movie grossed $150,000 in the UAE, $135,000 in the UK, $85,000 in the USA, and CAD$75,000 in Canada.
Box Office Notes
- 2nd highest grossing film in Tamil Nadu.
- Chennai City Gross - 4 Cr.
- Chengalpet Circuit Gross - 6.7 Cr.
- Tamil Nadu Distributor Share - 22 Cr.
- First Non-Rajini film to have a Tamil Nadu Distributor share over 20 crores.
- Highest non-Malayalam grosser in Kerala.
- 5th Tamil film to gross over 50 crores worldwide.
- 5th highest grossing Tamil film.
- 6th highest grossing south Indian film.
- Celebrated a 200-day run in Tamil Nadu.
- Celebrated a 100-day run in Kerala.
||Amount in Cr
|Rest of India
||Amount in Cr
|Rest of Europe
|Rest of the World